Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where Are Those Food Fairies?

Once again, I had a day where I just wasn't feeling the menu plan.  I wanted something quick and easy that I really didn't have to think much about.  Actually, I wanted the food fairies to come and prepare the meal for me, but unfortunately food fairies were not part of my resolution...I'll remember that for next year.  After consulting with cookbooks, many different websites, I finally found something that sounded good.  Most importantly, this dish was quick and easy and did not require too much thinking.

Tuscan Shrimp

1 10 oz package frozen shrimp peeled and deveined (thawed)
2 cups frozen normandy style vegetables (thawed)
1 cup Lawry's Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato marinad with minced Garlic and Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place shrimp and vegetables in 2 separate large resealable plastic bags.  Pour 1/2 of the marinade into each bag. Turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.

Remove shrimp from refrigerator and arrange marinade and shrimp in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Put vegetables and marinade in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 5 minutes.

Place the marinaded vegetables on the plate and top with the marinaded shrimp, and there you have it.  Quick and easy - exactly the dish I was looking for.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment