Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Soup's On!

Don't you just love soup in the winter time?  So warm and tasty - I could eat soup every day!  If there was a breakfast soup, I would be set.  No, I'm not talking cereal, grits or oatmeal - real hot soup with breakfast food?  Is there a breakfast soup out there in recipe land? I haven't found it yet, maybe I'll come up with one...hmmmm....a personal challenge I think.

Tonight, we had minestrone - hearty minestrone, at least that's what the title of the recipe was.  What makes a soup "hearty?"  Are all soups hearty?

Hearty Minestrone Soup (From Favorite Brand Name 4 Ingredient Cookbook Fast and Easy Recipes)

2 cans condensed Italian tomato soup
3 cups water
3 cups cooked vegetables
2 cups cooked ditalini pasta

Combine soup and water in large saucepan.  Add vegetables and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook until heated through, stirring often.


No comments:

Post a Comment