Tuesday, January 18, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed...

...Try try again.  I wonder how many versions of a recipe successful chefs go through before they get it just right.  Are they so experienced that whatever they "create" is perfect the first time, or do they go through version after version after version before they get it just right?

Today, I made version 1.0 of the recipe concoction that was swimming around in my head.  I'm not even sure that it was a good idea.  It seemed like a good idea in my brain, but version 1.0 didn't really prove that it's a good idea on the plate.  Don't worry, I fed the family a regular meal and did not force them to try the rough draft of my recipe idea as it came to life for the first time. I did try it, and the jury is still out for me.  I like the concept, but something is missing.  I'll just keep versioning until I can figure out what that something is.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

Will there be a version 2.0?  Of course there will be. There will probably be a version 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 - who knows how many dot oh's there will be.  Who knows what this concoction will actually turn out to be on the final dot oh.  I think it's fun to create, and you know what they say - If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Tonight's recipe feature at Table 4 Five is a little bit different - it's a rough draft recipe concoction, so measurements will need tweaking - I don't think the measurements are worth posting until they are just right.  I'm going to only post the ingredients.

Tonight's Recipe  Concoction:  Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread

 chicken diced finely
 carrots finely chopped
 cup celery flakes
 cup Frank's red hot sauce
4 cans biscuits
shredded cheese

Mix together chicken, celery flakes, carrots, hot sauce.
Grease a bundt pan.
Cut the biscuit into fourths
Place a layer of biscuit fourths on the greased bundt pan
Spoon a layer of chicken mixture onto the bisucuits.
Repeat until all biscuit portions and chicken mixture is used.

No comments:

Post a Comment