Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Popeye Would Sooooo Love This Meal!

First, I would like to throw out a disclaimer - I am not a food photographer - I don't even claim to play one on TV.  The food photos that are posted on this blog are the results of some carefully planned iPhone photography - wink wink, nudge nudge.  I make this disclaimer because the first thing I thought when I saw tonight's photos was "Oh no, the food is all the same color - it's not pretty." 

That said, tonight's food may not win the presentation award in the food contest, but it did taste very good.  By the way, my "taste good" measurement is based on how clean the boys' plates are. Tonight, they did not lick their plates, so I can only give this a "very good"

I decided that I did not want to make the meal that was on the plan for today - I'm not even sure what that meal was now that all is said and done.  However, the new plan was to make chicken with Italian dressing, but I just wasn't feeling the plain Jane Italian dressing - so the search was on.

One recipe led to another - that sounds good, what about that  - let's figure out what ingredients I have on hand.  By the end of the search, I wasn't even using the Italian dressing.  Oh well C'est la vie.

Tonight's menu at Table 4 Five:

  • Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts - my version - not necessarily the recipe that I was following.
  • Texmati Rice with Cream Cheese, Spinach and Celery
  • Merlot
  • Milk/Water


Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts

  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast - I used tenders because that's what I had.
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 10 oz frozen spinach - thawed
  • 6 oz fat free feta cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Prepare chicken for stuffing - flatten it. Put a spoonful of spinach mixture on the chicken breast
  3. Cook spinach in garlic on top of stove until done.
  4. Add feta chese to spinach mixture and mix well.
  5. Put a teaspoon of spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
  6. Fold chicken breasts  (like a taco) and secure with a toothpick.
  7. Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Sprinkle with basil, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Pepper.
  8. Cook for 30-35 minutes and serve.
This was a very quick and tasty meal,and is one that I would recomend you make for your family.

 Enjoy.
Until tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment