Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yes I Can Can!!

When it comes to dinner, what's easier than opening a can?  I know that fresh is better, but some recipes do not call for fresh - they call for easy.  Easy can be healthy too, don't you think? 

As I said a few bloggerys ago, I love soup. There's nothing like hot soup on a cold winter's night.  One good thing about soup is that you can put pretty much anything in it.  Even if you don't like something, you can usually throw it is a pot of soup, and magically you will like it.  Soup has that kind of power.  Soup is also the ultimate for leftover concoctionery (I know you so enjoy these words that I make up) - just get a large pot and start throwing those leftovers in and heat it up.  Not only do you have some tasty soup, but your fridge is cleaned out too.  Two birds, one stone.  How wonderful.

Although leftover concoctionery soup is a fabulous meal, it is not the soup that we had tonight at Table 4 Five.  Tonight was all about opening a can. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't just open a can of Campbells, this is actually a recipe - a very good one I might add.

Tonight's feature recipe at Table 4 Five:

Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can chunk chicken
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained

Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies.  Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot.  Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment