Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Diggin' the Clams

Ok, so we've already established the fact that I love soup.  Tonight, I made a soup that I had never had before - Manhattan Clam Chowder.  I've had the other version many many times - New England Clam Chowder that is.  I never knew there was a different clam chowder.  So what's the story behind Manhattan Clam Chowder?  Are the clams from Manhattan? Are they from New England, but wanted to "move on up to the east side", to the thriving metropolis of Manhattan?  I'm sure someone knows the story behind the multiple clam chowders.  Honestly, I do not care - I am just thrilled that they both exist.  This was wonderful soup.  I definitely recommend it.

Today's feature recipe at Table 4 Five:

Manhattan Clam Chowder

2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
4 (6 1/2 oz) cans minced clams
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 (5.5 oz) cans V8
4 small potatoes, cubed
1 small carrot, chopped
Dash marjoram
Salt
cayenne pepper
1 slice bacon cooked and crumbled (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment