Thursday, February 3, 2011

Be Careful That Plate Is VERY Hot!

Am I the only person in the world who apparently thinks that her hand is immuned from heat?  Why is it that when a restaurant server tells me "Be careful, that plate is very hot" I seem to think that I can move the plate with my bare hands.  I mean I see the oven mitt the person is wearing, but it doesn't stop me.  I can hear the plate sizzling, but it doesn't stop me.  Am I the only one that this happens to?  I made my own version of the sizzly plate, chicken fajitas -  unfortunately mine didn't sizzle.  Oh well, they still tasted good.

Tonight's feature recipe at Table 4 Five:

Chicken Fajitas

2 pkgs Fajita Style Oven Roasted Chicken
1 pkg Pepper and Onion Mix (Frozen Vegetables)
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 pkg fajita seasoning
1pkg fajita tortillas

Saute Pepper and Onion Mix in a small amount of oil until vegetables are tender.  Add fajita seasoning packet, chicken and mushrooms, stir occasionally until all ingredients are thoroughly  heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment